Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 5 Pre-Op

So days are getting much easier.  I am enjoying my food a little more.  I am also changing things up so there is less monotony overall! Ok, since I tend to make alterations to my meals, I decided to post my meals so far, as I need to explain what I have altered.

Unfortunately day 1, I did not take pictures, but I did from day 2 to present.

Day 2
This is what my typical lunch, depending on what veggies I want to use for dinner, I use some veggies and make a salad, with 2T fat free Italian dressing or Balsamic Vinegar.  I vary my soups from low calorie hearty Campbells light chunky soups, in this image Chicken Noodle.
This was my dinner, I used the remaining veggies, my favorite Piri-piri spice to taste.  I grilled them on my george foreman grill for about 10min.  It was really delicious!

Day 3 Dinner

At this point I was already sick of salads and lettuce.  So I decided to use the same ingredients as my skewer, with a substitution of red pepper instead of yellow pepper.  To make it taste different, I added again my piri-piri spice, and 1T of szechewan sauce with water to make it go further.  It was pretty good too!

Day 4 Dinner

I was so sick of romaine at this point, so I decided to really make a change for this meal.  I bought some Mrs. Dash taco mix, and sauteed it with my peppers and chicken.  I also bought some very low carb and low calorie salsa.  I added 4T non fat greek yogurt, 1/2 C salsa, and chicken mix on iceberg lettuce.  It was a little runny, so I eventually put both in a bowl and ate it like a taco Salad.  It was quite a nice change.

Day 5 Dinner

I did not want lettuce at all today, so I substituted my broccoli and romaine lettuce calories, carbs and proteins for cauliflower.  I decided to make this feel like a real full dinner.  I used 1/2C of diced tomatoes is exchange of the cherry tomatoes,  and peppers.  For the "mashed potatoes" I used 1C of cauliflower, 1/4C cottage cheese, 1tsp of fresh cilantro, 1/2tsp garlic, no-salt", pepper and pureed them.  For the tomatoes, I added 1/2 tsp cilantro, italian spices and a little piri-piri.  It was a definite change from the previous days.


Several hours later, I am getting that distinct feeling in my stomach that I am sick of these foods.  I am trying to figure out what to do tomorrow, as I do not want to eat these anymore.  I do enjoy most of the food I cook, but I do feel restricted.  Perhaps tomorrow I will make some vegetable soup.

 Only 10 days left! I am going to ask my dietitian about going on a clear fluid diet the day before.  I do not want an upset stomach that solid food gives me before surgery.  I am looking forward to a change!

Another change I tried today, is to substitute Unjury strawberry sorbet protein powder and milk for my glucerna.  It only has 4 carbs, whereas glucerna has almost 30!  I like glucerna because it has vitamins and nutrients, but the carbs are really high.  As for the taste of the protein, it is definitely on of the better protein powders I have had.  There is no aftertaste, like every other one I have tried.  I still do not like the smell of it, but I think I can get over that.  In the past, my hubby and I have not tried any that we liked, so this is definitely an improvement!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment