Friday, March 28, 2014

Getting better but having a down day

Today it's getting to be a little bit better I'm on the journey. There are times when I feel like I'm not doing enough. Some days are better than others and today feels like it's one of those not so good days. Don't get me wrong I am having a great day but I seem to be a little bit more down on myself than normal. In the past week I have been experimenting with my foods have discovered that I really need to focus on not eating complex carbohydrates such as breads pasta and rice.
I have no difficulties in eating these foods but I feel like I am very stuffed and bloated when I eat these foods. To compensate I have been trying almost like a raw food diet or a paleo diet.  I don't follow these diets to a t, more of a reference guide.
My favorite recently has been to use zucchini as a substitute for pasta. I now own a contraption called a spiralizer, which takes a normal vegetable and makes noodles from it. This has been a staple in my diet lately.
I now incorporates confidence and my daily life for example Yoga and walking. Yesterday I was able to walk four kilometers without any difficulties.
Although I still have a long journey ahead of me knowing that I only have 65 to 70 pounds left to lose makes me feel absolutely amazing. My current weight as of today is 209 pounds I recently bought an extra large set of clothing which I had to replace all of my previous wardrobe and a few large pieces of clothing.  Sometimes I feel like we get so fixated on the numbers that we tend to forget where we came from and where we're going previously at three hundred and thirty three pounds I was completely miserable and looking back to where I am now and to where I was and where I come from I realize that I have made such an amazing journey. Sometimes we have to just sit back and realize that we have come so far and just appreciate the changes that have happened.
For the future I'm hoping to just continue to focus on my nutrition getting in on my values such as water protein and calories and just doing the best that I can.  I am proud of my accomplishments and I just hope I can remember this so I don't go back to where I was.
It is my goal once I get low 200 pounds preferably down towards goal to 140 to 150 pounds that I don't ever let myself get about 160 pounds ever again.  I like to think that I'm in this for the long term by changing my habits because I need to be healthy for both my husband and for myself.
This is me signing off ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment