Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not So Good Girl

So I have not been to the gym yesterday not today.  I know this is bad, but the way I think it, as long as I go two more times this week I am ok.  I have also realized a new thing about me.  Weird enough, I am a morning workout person.  If I do not go before work, I probably will not go.  This is a good thing to realize early on, and since I work usually at ten o'clock, I can go for about an hour and still be a good girl.  So the plan tomorrow is to leave for the gym around 7:15 and work out until 9:00 .  So far still no weight loss, but in two weeks as long as I have lost body fat I am happy.
So today I really wanted Mcdonalds, so much I could not talk myself out of it (unfortunately a symptom of working right across the way from it, so close I see it every day, all day).  For about the length of time I was waiting in line, I kept saying to myself "you don't want this, why are you here, this is cheating, this is not right", as it usually goes my tastebuds always win.  I was able to talk myself out of it for the last 4 days, but today I could not win.  So right when I got up to the till, I am thinking ok quarter ponder, mmmmm,  but when I spoke I said, "1 chicken snack wrap, and a thai mc mini".  Did I say that right, wow, I actually made a choice for the good not the bad.  So proud of myself I sat down and slowly ate my two sandwiches.  Since my lunch at work drags on normally, I decided to read the paper that mcdonalds gave me to put my food on, and to my amazement and complete disgust my healthy snack was:
600 calories, 27 g fat, 5.5g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol
comparison to a filling quarter pounder burger with cheese:
520 calories, 28 g fat, 13g saturated fat, 90 mg cholesterol
Both are very comparable, and the burger would have been more filling, and tasted better.

An even better alternative are the nuggets at 310 cal, 21g fat, 3.5g saturated fats, 45mg cholesterol.
The best alternative is the spicy thai salad, at 120 calories 2g fat, and no cholesterol.
So needless to say, what looks healthy may now be healthy when eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment