Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gastroscopy Horror

So On OCT 8th, I had my gastroscopy.  It was a horrid experience.  I was no afraid when I went in, and was even in high spirits, but it changed quickly.

First I was given a local anesthetic in my throat, and it caused me to choke.  It was NASTY!!! I even choked it in my doctors face, oops, I felt so bad.

After that, I was given a sedative that was supposed to put me to a near sleep.  It didn't work.  I metabolized it so quickly, I woke up with the scope choking me, and causing me to panic.  I started fighting the scope, and was thrashing around.  You really cannot control your reflexes.

Afterwards, my throat was pretty torn up, and I could not eat properly for 3 days, and still had a sore throat for 5 days.

It was traumatic, but I survived and  got through it.  Needless to say I have something to tell the anesthesiologist haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment