Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Things are getting better

So I woke up today feeling pretty good! I am in less pain, and I am down to 1 Tylenol every four hours.  I am so happy I am feeling better each day.
The weirdest thing happened to me today, I weighed myself yesterday, and I weighed myself today, and in the last 2 days, I have lost nearly 7 lbs!  It is crazy!  I knew the weight would be coming off, but to see a 3.5 pound drop a day seems impossible.  I understand that most of this weight has come off because I am eating pretty much between 150-300 calories per day, but this procedure in it's essence is a medically supervised starvation diet.

In about 1.5 weeks, I will hit what is called a stall.  This stall always occurs around the time when you transition from full fluids to real food, or in my case this is pureed food.  As your body undergoes the shock of the surgery as well as the shock of moving to solid foods, it is not uncommon for it to take up to 3 weeks for your body to understand that the starvation stage is over and it is ok to not horde the calories consumed.

During the next two months I will undergo Ketosis.  Ketosis is a condition the body goes through to burn off fat as the body is not receiving enough carbs to provide "fuel".  In this stage I can expect the have a foul odor, really bad breath, but insane weight loss,  This is Ketosis in a nut-shell.   I am not looking forward to ketosis, but essentially the body does need to lose a lot of the fat cells.

I am not feeling up to doing my measurements yet, as I am still sore and tender.  I will prbably do that 2 weeks post op.

Also, as you probably noticed, I did cut my hair by the last photos.  To be honest I pretty much hate it.  I miss my long hair considerably!!! I know it will grow out, and right now it is very healthy, which is what I need going into the hair loss stages.

Anyhow, Ciao for now!
~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment